Chesterfield Farm History
1838. Corhanwarrabul (aboriginal for Mt. Dandenong) Run established
by Rev. James Clow. Run was east
of Dandenong Creek including modern day suburbs of Wantirna, Bayswater, Ferntree Gully, Upwey, Selby,
Emerald, Upper Beaconsfield, Lysterfield and Rowville.
1841. Clow built Tirhatuan Homestead that became House of Call for travellers from Melbourne to Gippsland
and Arthur's Seat.
1850. Corhanwarrabul lease sold to John Wood Beilby who opened the first Victorian sawmill on the site
of Ferntree Gully Hotel.
1857. Parish of Scoresby surveyed and thus Corhanwarrabul subdivided.
1858. John McKenzie acquired portion eight, Parish of Scoresby.
1859. Edmund Ashley acquired portion eight, built the old homestead and named it Chesterfield Park.
Ashley later bought the Ferntree Gully Hotel.
1874. Bunya Pines were planted out the front of the Chesterfield Homestead.
1893. Farm leased to Edmund William who ran a Dairy Farm.
1909. Harold Teasedale Pollington purchased the property.
1920. Hussey Family ran the Farm
1930. William Gymer ran a mixed herd of 60 Dairy cows.
1938. Adeney family bought the farm at its current size.
1950. Edward Smith bought the Farm and built the present Homestead and the Edna Walling Garden. The Farm was renamed Deavon Meadows, and Smith ran Australia's first Feedlot Dairy Farm. The feedlot is now the Show Barn.
1976. M.M.B.W. bought the Farm for $1.8 million.
1997. Chesterfield Farm opened to the public and operated by Ablebay P/L.
2012. Chesterfield Farm purchased by new owners Wicked Holdings Pty Ltd in October 2012.